ISO 9001:2000-certified since 1997, MOS manufacturing operations include 33 presses ranging in size from 28 to 550 tons in various environments from general manufacturing to class 10,000 (ISO class 7) clean rooms.
Medical Molding and Secondary Operations
For customers who require a controlled, particulate-free molding manufacturing environment, MOS offers the Bay Area’s only medical molding in a class 10,000 (ISO class 7) clean room. The clean room facility is a closed-loop system appropriate for manufacturing Class IV medical devices, surgical instruments, drug delivery systems, components involving laboratory reagent, and diagnostic kits.
MOS also offers a “white room”, which provides a controlled medical-grade manufacturing environment for products such as lab wear and other medical devices that may not require the use of a class 10,000 clean room.
- High-volume and low-volume capabilities
- 65,000 pieces per day
- As low as 50-piece pre-production prototype runs
- Multi-cavity tools
- Tonnage: from 28 tons up to 500 tons
Equipment and Technology Highlights
- Advanced sinker electric discharge machines (EDMs) and wire EDMs for extremely precise, tight-tolerance tooling.
- Computer numerical controlled (CNC) machining for continuous operation and precise repeatability.
- Advanced CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) software for reduced design time and modifications.
- Mold simulation software, which identifies potential molding issues prior to tool construction.
- Video coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
- Automated material handling system for uninterrupted molding processing.
Maintenance and Inspection Highlights
- First article inspection at no charge
- Class 101 and 102 tools that are guaranteed for the first one million cycles
- Meticulous maintenance and cleaning at no additional charge